Our appointment system is operated as follows:
1. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COME TO THE SURGERY, BUT ON THE DAY YOU WISH TO BE SEEN, TELEPHONE 020 8275 6410 AND ASK TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE DOCTOR.
2. You will be asked for your name and telephone number. If you need to speak to the doctor urgently because it’s an emergency tell us immediately.
3. You will be asked what your health problem is – you don’t have to tell that member of staff if you don’t wish to but if you can it does help the doctor decide whom to prioritise for a call back based on clinical need.
4. If you want to talk to a specific doctor tell us and wherever possible if that doctor is available this will be arranged.
5. Your call will be put through to the doctor at that time if they are free. You can then talk to your doctor about your health problem in the same way you do if you come into the surgery for your appointment.
6. If your doctor thinks you need to come into the surgery to be seen, or if you would still like to come in, you will be given an appointment, generally for that day, by the doctor. Your doctor will arrange for you to be visited at home if he needs to see you and you are unable to come to the surgery.
7. If your doctor is busy when you call, you will be called back as soon as the doctor is free.
Our reception/admin staff arrange practice nurse, healthcare assistant and other selected clinic appointments, but our reception/admin staff do not book general or return GP appointments.
Appointments to see your GP are made by your GP